Embroidered Jeans

11:02



You may have seen that for my Saturday Style inspo blog post a couple of months ago I featured embroidery. And around that time I started embroidering a pair of mom jeans I own and basically now they are completely finished! They did take me a few months to finish but I didn't want to rush them as I really enjoyed the process and found it really relaxing. 

I am also so happy with how the jeans came out. I had never really done any embroidery before and to start off with quite a big project I wasn't sure how it would go but I think they look 100 times better than I expected them to be and I found it really easy to do and I think anyone could learn to do embroidery quite quickly. 

I started off by using an embroidery pattern that I picked up from a charity shop for like 50p, but then after I got better at embroidering I started just sketching out my own designs on the jeans and sort of making it up as  went along. But if you are just starting out then it is fairly easy to pick up embroidery patterns really cheap if you look out for them in charity shops or carboot sales and new ones can be a bit pricey I think.

I stuck to quite a basic floral design near the pocket on one leg of the jeans and then a lot more detail and stretching it out further down on the other leg. I recently picked up another pair of mom jeans for just £5 which I am going to try out a bit more embroidery on. Especially as the look stitching and embroidery is so on trend right now I am definitely going try out a lot of pieces to sell at our upcoming vintage fairs. 

Have you ever tried embroidery and do you like the look? Let me know what you think in the comments.




You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Love how the embroidery looks, your outfit looks so well put together and I get total 80/90's vibes! :)

    Lotte | www.lottebeautybox.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yeah I was sort of going for that sort of look 😌 thankyou for reading and commenting!

      Delete

Popular Posts

Instagram

Subscribe