Weekend away in Cambridge

09:15

Cambridge is definitely one of my top favorite cities in the UK. As you may have read in other posts, I do quite a few vintage fairs in Cambridge but I also love visiting there to stroll round the shops, especially the vintage and charity shops. I also just love the atmosphere around there, as its a city there's a lot going on and excitement but its still really pretty, with cobbled streets and beautiful old university buildings. And it just has a nice feel to it for me as I visit there fairly frequently, I know my way round easily and it feels comfortingly familiar but would obviously never get boring.

Anyway my mum used to live there and so last weekend we decided to go visit one of her old friends that lives there. And it was one of the loveliest weekends I've had in ages. Our friend we were staying with lives in a really pretty little village just about 10 minutes away from the city and she lives in a beautiful old town house opposite a park. We used to stay round hers all the time when I was a kid so I have really happy, lovely memories of being there. We felt like doing a couple of quite touristy things while being in Cambridge, as like I said before we go quite a lot for shopping so we wanted to do something a bit different. 

punting


cambridge
We decided to go punting along the river in Cambridge and also go on a open top sight seeing bus, which might seem funny as we go to Cambridge quite a lot and know it well I actually always find bus tours so fun no matter where you are and we did learn some new things about the city! We went to do punting first, which I'd never done before and it was so much fun. It was a glorious sunny day when we were there so it was super relaxing just laying back in the punt with the sun shining down on us, going down the river. We had a really good tour guide doing the punting, which really added to the experience as he told us all the history of the different colleges we were going past and different stories about the city.

We then had a picnic lunch and went back on the bus to tour round the rest of the streets and learn some new facts. It was just such a relaxing, summery day and it was lovely to do some things that we don't often get to do when we are in Cambridge.

The next day we decided to go to Wimpole Hall, a national trust estate about 15 minutes away. We just took a picnic with us and sat on the grass for ages just chatting and having some sandwiches, whilst enjoying the beautiful view of the amazing house. There are also a few shops and a cafe there so we just strolled around the shops a bit and then went back to our friends house for a bit and sat out in the garden.

wimpole hall

vintage outfit



vintage book
It was such a nice, chilled, fun weekend and we want to start visiting our friend there a lot more regularly and just doing more different things even in places we may feel like we visit a lot. I hope you had a lovely weekend too whatever you were up to.

Have you ever visited Cambridge? If so what did you do there?

Daisy x

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. What peaceful, pretty images. Cambridge looks truly lovely. I'd welcome the chance to visit one day, if I should ever have the pleasure of being in the UK.

    xoxo ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes its such a nice place to be, very relaxing! Yeah you definitely should if you ever come here.:)

      Daisy

      Delete

Popular Posts

Instagram

Subscribe