Learning to Crochet!

12:42

So as you can tell by the title of this post I've learnt something new,crocheting! It's something I've wanted to try for ages and I finally learnt how to do it reasonably well!

I finally sat down and learnt how to crochet back in September whilst I was on holiday. It did take a really long time to get the hang of things but eventually I got there. I personally think it's a lot easier to learn to do than knitting and it doesn't take as long to pick up the techniques.   

The first crochet pattern was made in 1823 and it's been used a lot in antique and vintage fashion as from the late 1940s until the early 1960s, there was more  interest in home crafts.The craft was mainly a homemaker's art until the late 1960s and early 1970s, when crochet was picked up more and people popularized granny squares, that were used in fashion a lot more. 

At the moment I am working on making a blanket, made up of lots of granny squares sewn together. Eventually though, I would love to try to make a piece of clothing.


If you are trying to learn to crochet here are some of the YouTube videos I found really helpful:






Daisy x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Subscribe