Baking Day

17:03

I recently spent a day baking a couple of things I had wanted to try out for a while. The bakes are really simple and they take hardly any time so I thought I would share them!


Firstly I made some simple sugar cookies. I followed the recipe on
Zoella's Blog Post, you need 140g of Icing Sugar, 1 egg yolk, 375g of Flour, 250g of Butter and 1tsp of Vanilla Extract. The oven needs to be at 190oC. Then mix together everything apart from the flour which you add last, putting in small bits at a time and mixing it in as you go until it creates a dough. Wrap up the dough in cling film and leave in the fridge for 30mins. Then spread out some flour on a  surface and roll out the dough and use cutters to cut shapes from it. I used cute animal cookie cutters from Ikea, which came out really well. Then bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes. I then just iced mine with a icing bag kit with simple designs around the edge.

I also made a slab sponge tray bake. Which I think looks really retro and lot of the recipes for tray bakes are from the 1930s. To make the tray bake you need 175g of soft butter, 225g of self raising flour, 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder, 175g of caster sugar, 2 eggs and 3 tblsp of milk. The oven needs to be at 180c. I then greased a lined a disposable foil tray. Then mix all the ingredients in a bowl until combined and smooth. Pour the cake mixture into the lined tray and put in the oven for 25-30mins. I then used water icing with orange food colouring to make a peachy coloured icing. I think using pastel coloured icings makes the cake look more retro. I also used sprinkles to decorate the top.

Both of these recipes were really simple and tasted really good! Let me know if you give either a go.









You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Subscribe