Vintage| Jumpers Galore

20:20


Vintage Hand Knitted Jumper - £6.75 Charity Shop


As we have entered into autumn now I thought I would write a post about jumpers. I don't know about everyone else but when it starts to get colder cosy jumpers are pretty much fill up my wardrobe! A great way I find to make a collection of jumpers for winter is by looking in some alternative places. As I mentioned I am a massive fan of jumpers, (the brighter the better!) and also of anything vintage. So a lot of the time I get my jumpers from various sources such as charity shops or thrift shops, car boot sales and jumble sales. Even though I this is the case I'm definitely not saying that I never buy brand new things, because there are many high street shops that do gorgeous jumpers and other clothing as well. (Topshop, New Look etc...) Also I want to say that I definitely don't know all there is to know about vintage, I'm still learning a lot about it! 

I certainly feel something special about wearing something that you know no one else will be wearing and also something that you wouldn't necessarily be able to get from a high street store. Another thing I love about vintage or second - hand clothing is thinking of the history behind it and what it would have been like when it was brand new. Obviously another great thing about buying second - hand is its a great way to save some money, as you can get a lot of items a lot cheaper than they normally would be on the high street. Below is another jumper from my (large!) collection that I brought second hand from a charity shop that I loved as soon as I spotted it!



Vintage Hand Knit Jumper - £7.00 Charity Shop


I love all the different patterns and colours you can get from vintage jumpers as a lot of the colours and patterns just don't come up as much in jumpers you can buy brand new. As I don't think jumpers for winter have to be dark, plain colours, although a selection of those styles are great to have as well. So by getting these unique items I feel like I am brightening up my wardrobe a bit for winter and also I can wearing something that looks a bit different. 
I know buying second - hand isn't for everyone and some people just prefer things you can get on the high street. But I thought I would just write an insight into some reasons why I love the second hand or vintage bargains you can pick up and show just a selection of what vintage jumpers I have picked up recently. 





Mountains Patterned Jumper - £2.99 - Charity Shop



Flower Patterned Jumper - £1 - Carboot Sale





❀ ❀ ❀
Daisy May


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Charity shops have gems some times. And you're wearing a jumper that's vintage and unique. This makes me want to go charity shopping and buying those grandpa sweaters I used to crave for x

    splasheswithfabulosity.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! That's why I think its great to shop in them. I know I'm always craving more and I have so many! lol. Going to a jumble sale soon though so will hopefully pick some more up! Your blog is lovely. :)
      Daisy May

      Delete
  2. I love that mountain patterned one!!! They all look so cozy for winter.

    www.lameliving.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks, yeah I really like that one too. Its actually a boys jumper which makes it extra cozy. hehe. Nice blog!

      Daisy May

      http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12932885

      Delete
  3. So many jumpers- I love it. I really like those patterns. Great job on finding them.

    LEJA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah I'm so happy with them but still can't wat to add more to my collection. Hehe.

      Daisy May

      Delete

Popular Posts

Instagram

Subscribe